"Dirty Diana" is an excellent song to play on repeat while you sprint the last mile. (Love this MJ gem as much as I do? Finish your run with a cool-down to the tune of the Weeknd’s remix.)
Not-so-off-topic: Where are you running this weekend? I’m going to try to clock 16 miles between Wainscott and Sag Harbor on Saturday and recover with Core Fusion the next morning.
Fresh sounds, every summer.
- My first true blue summer soundtrack for 2014:
- School of Seven Bells: "My Cabal"
- Bastille: "Of the Night"
- Jessie J: "Thunder"
- Billy Joel: "I'm Movin' Out"
- James Taylor: "Your Smiling Face"
- Klingande: "Jubel"
- Waylon Jennings & Willie Nelson: "I Can Get Off on You"
- Friendly Fires: cover of Depeche Mode's "Strange Love"
- Beatles: "You've Got to Hide Your Love Away"
- Miike Snow: "Silvia"
Spending my Sunday morning with En Vogue, and you should, too.
- The spring songs that will keep me rockin' now till at least next week:
- Collective Soul: "Anything"
- Dave Matthews Band: "Long Black Veil"
- Electric Light Orchestra: "10538 Overture"
- Haim: "If I Could Change Your Mind (MK Remix)"
- Jojo: "Baby It's You"
- Michael Jackson: "Will You Be There"
- Metric: "Gold Guns Girls"
- Say Lou Lou: "Julian (The Chainsmokers Remix)"
- XX v. Notorious B.I.G.: "Dead Wrong Intro"
- Rob Zombie: "Dragula"
Fresh sounds, every day.
- Now that I'm back in marathon mode, I need new jams to keep the pace...:
- Avicii: "Hey Brother"
- Dixie Chicks: "Sin Wagon"
- Lady Gaga & R. Kelly: "Do What U Want"
- Ellie Goulding: "Burn"
- Calvin Harris & Ayah Marar: "Thinking About You"
- Kaskade & Mindy Gledhill: "Eyes"
- Nero: "Reaching Out"
- Rascal Flatts: "Fast Cars & Freedom"
- Britney Spears: "Work Bitch"
- Touch Sensitive: "Pizza Guy"
Fresh sounds, every day.
- This first round of winter anthems will keep me warm when it's cold:
- Arcade Fire: “It’s Never Over (Oh Orpheus)”
- Avicii: “Hey Brother”
- Boom Boom Rocket & Ian Livingstone: “Smooth Operetta”
- Capital Cities: “Safe & Sound”
- Léo Delibes: “Duo des fleurs / Sous le dome épais (The Flower Duet)”
- Heart: “Magic Man”
- Oscar Isaac & Marcus Mumford: “Fare Thee Well (Dink’s Song)”
- Kaskade with Mindy Gledhill: “Eyes”
- The Shondells & Tommy James: “Draggin’ the Line”
- Carly Simon: “Why”
Carly Simon: “Why”
Carly can do no wrong, this song is everything, and that’s how I dance.
Fresh jams, every day.
- Went on a song-buying spree last night (yes, sometimes I still actually pay money for music). These little looney tunes all made the cut:
- Madison Beer: "Melodies"
- Third Eye Blind: "Losing a Whole Year"
- Phoenix: "Trying to Be Cool"
- Snow Patrol: "Called Out in the Dark"
- Killers: "Shot at the Night"
- Naked & Famous: "Hearts Like Ours"
- Third Eye Blind: "Semi-Charmed Life"
- Avicii: "Wake Me Up"
- Phoenix: "Chloroform"
- Leonard Cohen: "Hallelujah"
The theme to Reading Rainbow is so timeless, like “Hey Jude”.