Last night, we all got gussied up and went to the Garden for the American Diabetes Association's Stand Up for a Cure benefit. Jerry Seinfeld headlined, and afterward we popped backstage for a little meet-and-greet. He is an idol of mine, so this was like meeting [insert name of favorite Beatle here]. From the moment he ran out on stage to the last question-and-answer, we were in stitches. My face and abs still hurt from laughing so long and hard.
The amazing thing about Seinfeld is that he rarely swears, and he never talks about anything controversial—sex, politics, his personal life. What little he reveals about himself is so universal that anyone can (and most do) immediately identify with him. That’s a tough thing to do when you are trying to make people laugh. I told my mom this morning, “He’s amazing! He didn’t talk about Boston because that would have been too soon, he didn’t talk about gun control or his sex life or—”
"He talks about nothing!" my mom said. And she was right, and thank God for that.
- rondicasmith likes this
- teddybear-hugs likes this
- thebluehour said:Amazing. Jerry Seinfeld is my número uno celeb crush for all the reasons you just named.
- thescaleshavebeentipped likes this
- streetsmarts said:Isn’t Jerry the best? Favorite.
- thehuffmanhousewife likes this
- winesnoblove likes this
- ianbroyles likes this
- canttuchthis said:love seinfeld. i’m eternally jealous.
- caryrandolph posted this