Anonymous asked: In your winery photo your friend with the orange hat is carrying a beautiful bag! Do you happen to know where she got it?
Sasha Luss wears Ralph Lauren Fall 2013 Collection for Vogue Russia.
Minus a few inches of hair, this is pretty close to my winter uniform.
"I never stopped her spending on clothes; I never even tried."
Thomas Kempner, about his wife Nan
Fresh stuff, every day.
2013 has been the year that I stopped buying throwaway crap and really invested in things I’ll keep forever. My grandmother’s emerald and diamond ring—I paid a lot of money to get it back in wearable condition, and now I will never take it off. The marled gray sweater with the boxy cut—I wear that just about every other day. The goose down coat with the shearling lined hood—even in today’s sub-freezing temperature, I felt perfectly toasty. Call it a shopping addiction if you must, but for every piece I added to my wardrobe (like the white leather handbag for all seasons) and my apartment (the violet rug with the Moroccan pattern), I gave two away. Invest. Purge. Repeat. This was the year I figured out my stuff. These are the hall-of-famers that I (hope to always) swear by:
- Grandmother’s ring
- Ralph Lauren Soft Ricky Bag in every color
- Tag Heuer Aquaracer 27mm stainless steel watch
- Ralph Lauren Blue Label ribbed cotton turtlenecks
- J.Crew midrise toothpick jeans
- Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer in a mix of Nude and Almond
- FACE Stockholm lipstick in Cranberry Veil
- Nike Pro 2.5” compression shorts
- Adidas Energy Boost running shoes
- CB2 Peekaboo nesting tables
- Warren-Tricomi Style spray wax
- RLX men’s performance shirts
- Calvin Klein men’s cotton stretch crewneck t-shirts
- Essie nail polish in Starter Wife
- OPI nail polish in Kennebunk-Port
- Dove beauty bars
- Sun-In highlight activating spray
- J.Crew skinny classic flip flops
- FEED 10 pouch
- Ralph Lauren 888 Collection candle
- J.Crew solid string bikinis
- Silver Paul Revere bowls
- Ralph Lauren calfskin loafers
- Lululemon Swiftly Tech running shirts
- Revlon Colorstay liquid eye liner in Blackest Black
- Pureology Pure Volume Levitation Mist
- BCBG Max Azria power skirts
- Brooks Brothers non-iron classic fit dress shirts
- Terrapin stationery, Newport blue ink engraved on white
What the fuck was I thinking, cutting off all my hair.
"I cannot endure to waste anything so precious as autumnal sunshine by staying in the house. So I have spent almost all the daylight hours in the open air."
COME AT ME, WEEK.
This is a busy one. The holiday party blitz starts tonight, and at some point I need sit down and really catch up on The Blacklist. Are you watching The Blacklist yet? Do y’all think it’s ridic or amaze? (I’m in the so-ridiculous-it’s-amazing camp. Megan Boone’s wig deserves its own credit, and James Spade can still get it.)
The Holiday 2014 issue of RL Magazine is now LIVE on RalphLauren.com, and it is AMAZING. Featuring lots of Olympic Winter Games content in preparation for Sochi and an adorable children’s story about the teddy bear, this must be my favorite issue yet. See also: new updates on classic Christmas cocktails created around the world. Get inspired!
Anonymous asked: what is your skin care regimen? thanks! :)
annerowley asked: Hi Cary! Going to visit Boston this weekend to watch a BC football game(/see a boy) and in a total dilemma about what to wear. As a city girl with some southern ties to me football games are Lilly dresses and Friday nights are heels, but I don't think this will fly with Boston temps and cobble stones. Issue #2 is I'm taking the bus, so it all has to be tucked away nicely. Thanks so much!
Why not swap the Lilly dress for a sage green wool shift, a chocolate tight, a knee-high boot, and all the usual cold-weather accoutrements (coat, glove, scarf, hat, etc.)? Keep the preppy vibe going with a pearl earring and pink lip. Have fun!
On this Veterans Day I think of my grandfather down in Richmond, who served his country in the Navy and serves his grandchildren still as a hero. I have never known a great gentleman or a more honorable man than CMC.
"Never give in — never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy."
Sir Winston Churchill
We made our third annual trek to the North Fork wineries on Saturday, and it was one for the record books. Imagine seven grown women (and one grown man) cruising around the country in a white limousine, totally bombed on Baiting Hollow Cabernet and Jameson, at eleven in the morning. Imagine the mess. Imagine the photo ops and the inside jokes. (Thank God it comes but once a year.)